- District Epidemiologists
- Managers and Zonal Managers
- Program Managers
- Advocacy officers and Program officers
- State consultants
- Faculties at Public Health Colleges
- District Public Health Officers
- Chief Medical Officers
- Research Officer
Alumni are working in organizations like:
- Government of Karnataka,
- Government of Maharashtra,
- Government of Assam,
- Government of Rajasthan.
- Government of Meghalaya
- Karnataka Health Promotion Trust
- Institute of Public Health
- Government of Nepal
- World Health Organization
- International Red Cross
- Family Health International
- Governemnt of Yemen
- Government of Nigeria
About the Course:
Masters in Public health (MPH) is an inter disciplinary programme that prepares the candidates to become leading public health professionals who are capable of addressing the current global public health issues through multi-disciplinary approaches and latest scientific knowledge.
The MPH programme has been designed to develop conceptual understanding of public health issues, impart research and analytical skills to engage in evidence based planning, implementation and management of public health initiatives at various levels.
It aims at developing public health leaders with expertise in related areas of community health including disease characteristics, their prevention and control, management in crisis situations, forecast strategic disease prevention policies, quality assurance and regulatory affairs. The field challenges its professionals to confront complex health issues, such as improving access to health care, controlling infectious disease, and reducing environmental hazards, violence, substance abuse, and injury.
The main focus of this programme is to emphasize on preventive measures that pose a threat to public health than treatment that has become a focal point in the current global scenario
Affiliations & Accreditation:
- Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences
Two (2) years (4 semesters)
- Candidates for admission to MPH course should have any bachelor’s degree from any university established under law considered equivalent thereto by RGUHS.
- The candidate should have a minimum of 50% marks in respective bachelor’s program
- In case of SC/ST candidates the minimum marks shall be 45%.
- Introduction to Public Health Practice
- Principles of Epidemiology
- Social and Behavioural Health
- Environment and Occupational Health
- Health Systems Management and Program Planning
- Global health and Diseases of Public Health Importance
- Research Methodology and Ethics in Public Health Practice
- Public Health Informatics
- Population Health ( Maternal, Child Health and Family Welfare)
- Public Health In Rural and Urban Areas
- Emergencies And Disaster Management
- Health Policy, Health Economics and Health Financing
- Public Health Leadership
- Public Health Nutrition
- Public Health Project/Field Experience